- Skills Training
- Introduction to Stonemasonry
This two day practical course taught by our time served Stonemason is suitable for all abilities and covers an introduction to tools, techniques and uses of basic stonemasonry.
This two day practical course taught by our time served Stonemason is suitable for all abilities and covers an introduction to tools, techniques and uses of basic stonemasonry. Learners can take away their practice stones at the end of the day.
This practical course is aimed at those individuals with little or no experience in cutting and dressing natural stone. You might be a building contractor working on masonry buildings and structures and just want to learn basic masonry skills for stone or you might be a time-served or semi-skilled operative who needs to add to his skills set and be able to tackle more complicated masonry repairs. We are always happy to help learners choose the right course so please contact us if you would like to discuss which course is suitable for you or your employees.
- How to take a stone out of ‘twist’ to true level and plumb
- Put a true flat surface on a slab of stone
- Effect different tooled surfaces, eg stugged, broached, droved and rock faced finishes
- Health and safety – including use of ‘Airstream’ hoods to minimize inhalation of airborne crystalline silica
- Introduction to the tools used to cut and dress natural sandstone blocks
- Taking a stone out of ‘twist’ using 4 wooden blocks and 2 squares
- Production of a true flat surface on a block of sandstone
Produce different surface tooling finishes including:
- Rock faced, all within tooled margins on one block of stone.
Starting on: Aug. 3, 2021 - Book
Starting on: Oct. 26, 2021 - Book